Beanz, Sausage and Bacon Pies
If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to get you leaping out of bed, it’s a plateful of these bite-sized breakfast puff pies.
- 600G HEINZ BEANZ
- 8 RASHERS STREAKY BACON, DICED
- 6 CHIPOLATAS
- 2 SHEETS REDUCED FAT PUFF PASTRY
- 1 EGG, BEATEN
- 50G CHEDDAR CHEESE, GRATED
- Pop the chipolatas on a lined baking tray and grill on high for 6-8 minutes, flipping them half way. Dice into 1cm chunks and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick skillet until slightly crisp and the fat has rendered. Add the Beanz and the sausage. Stir and bring to a simmer - reduce the sauce a little. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Cut 24 rounds from the pastry - 12 big, 12 small. Grease a muffin tin and push in the 12 large rounds.
- Spoon in 2 tbsps of the Beanz mixture. Top with a little cheddar. Brush the exposed pastry with the egg wash and lay on the small rounds of pastry. Press lightly to seal.
- Using a toothpick, create a little hole/vent in each pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C. Take out and get stuck in!\
For more recipe inspiration visit our recipe hub.