Heinz Beanz Burger
Order Beanz here.
- 2 TINS HEINZ BEANZ
- 80G PANKO BREADCRUMBS
- 2 TBSP CHOPPED CORIANDER
- 1 SMALL ONION, OR 1/2 ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 TSP CINNAMON
- 1 TSP PAPRIKA
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1 RED CHILLI, DESEEDED AND FINELY CHOPPED
- 1/4 CUP OIL, FOR FRYING
- 2 TBSP HEINZ KETCHUP
- 1/2 LIME, JUICE ONLY
- 150ML SOUR CREAM
- 250G HEINZ MAYONNAISE
- LETTUCE, FOR THE BUNS
- Drain Beanz using a small colander (better than a sieve as it drains better), reserving the juice!
- Fry the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until translucent. Cool.
- Add onion and garlic to a bowl with the Beanz, coriander, spices, salt, breadcrumbs, chilli. Mix lightly but confidently with a wooden spoon until the mix comes together in a homogenous mass. Leave some texture in the mix - a few whole Beanz is good. At this point, get your hands in to mold the patties. Form into 6 patties, then pop in the fridge to sit briefly.
- Fry the patties over medium heat - you don’t want to sear these over high heat! It’s good to dehydrate the exterior of the patties- for a crust/crunch. Watch it doesn’t burn, there are sugars from the Heinz tomato sauce involved in the mix.
- Add the drained juice to a small saucepan and reduce over medium heat until thick. Stir through Heinz ketchup and set aside to cool.
- Mix the Heinz mayonnaise with the sour cream and lime juice. These are your 2 sauces.
- Build your burger - bottom toasted bun, ketchup sauce, lettuce, burger, sour cream, top bun.Enjoy!
For more recipe inspiration visit our recipe hub.